verb (used with object)
1. to break (something) into pieces, as by a blow.
2. to damage, as by breaking or crushing: ships shattered by storms.
3. to impair or destroy (health, nerves, etc.): The incident shattered his composure.
4. to weaken, destroy, or refute (ideas, opinions, etc.): He wanted to shatter her illusions.
verb (used without object)
5. to be broken into fragments or become weak or insubstantial.
The only thing that is still the same in my life right now as it was 18 months ago, is that I am currently breathing and have a heartbeat.